Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Music and stuff

I like it when I go back to albums I either never really listened to or haven't heard in a while and get blown away. New music (that is good) is great too but lately it's few and far.

I don't usually listen to acoustic or much folk music but I bought Newton Faulkner's Hand Built by Robots for $7.99 on iTunes because I love his live cover of Teardrop by Massive Attack. It's pretty cool. I like his voice and the lyrics are good not to mention he's a great guitar player.

The older albums I was referring to are NIN : The Fragile (Left) and Far: Tin Cans with Strings to You. I never really listen to the The Fragile from beginning to end. I was at work plotting data :(
I brought up iTunes and started listening. It took me about 4 hours to do my work because I zoned out to the music every time I sat down. I think that album was overlooked by many. As for Far, I've always been a fan and was bummed when they broke up. Tin Cans is a dirty raw album compared to Water and Solutions and that's what makes it so good to go back and listen to over time. 90's rock was so good because the bands made stripped down albums because the garage band was in and the over produced crap was out. Now if Rap could just go back to the turntables and microphones I'd be happy with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment